Patient Participation Groups (PPGs) have a key role to play in the workings of a practice as they help ensure patients and their carers can influence their local services.
PPGs support the practice in developing services to ensure the needs and wishes of the patient population are met.
The role of the PPG includes:
- being a critical friend to the practice
- advising the practice on patient perspective, providing an insight into the quality of services
- encouraging patients to take greater responsibility for their own health
- researching the views of those who use the practice
- participating in health promotion events
- regularly communicating with the patient population
If you would like to join this group, please ask Reception for a Patient Participation Group invitation form or download the form PPG patient form. Particularly welcome will be involvement from younger people to ensure balanced representation on the group.
Contact the Patient Group
Contact the Patient Participation Group with any suggestions, comments and feedback for the forum meetings by completing the below form.